Friday 14 January 2022

Fun Times - Dusty Attic Moodboard (January)

Hello lovelies

The moodboard for January is so appropriate for January here in NZ - reminder of summer days and the beach - we have had some really great summer days over the holidays, and have done a few days on the beach. 

The colours and the photo of the moodboard inspired me to create a beach layout
Dusty Attic have a great range of nautical themed chipboard to choose from. I first painted all my chipboard with white acrylic paint. I started first with the frames - both frames are from the chipboard DA3017 - the thin frame is the negative attached to the outside of the frame from the same pack. With both of these I watered down the acrylic paints and let them run so that I could have various shades of browns for the wooden frame and teals for the thinner frame.
I attached the photo behind the wooden frame and then the thin frame at an angle before adhering to these to page. I then painted the smaller leaves from the leafy frame (DA1358) and attached this to the frame, layering flowers and fussy cut elements.
Once the flowers and fussy cut elements were done, the fish (DA2774), the anchor (DA2543), the compass (DA2381), and the seagull (DA2686) were added among these - I have used some twine around the base of the seagull.
The quoted sentiment (DA2545) reads "the ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings joy to the soul" - such a lovely quote! I then added the title "Fun Times" (DA2493)- which is also painted in white, then dabbed with watered down acrylic browns and gold paint. Once this was dry, I sanded the edges and added some teal paint.
The layout was then finished off with art stones and dabbing these with watered down acrylic paint.

These are the chipboard pieces I have used:








Take part in the challenge by using the moodboard as inspiration for for your layout/project and post a photo of it to the DustyFanatics Facebook page. You could win one of $50 chipboard voucher!

Take care,
Michelle










No comments:

Post a Comment