Thursday 26 January 2023

Sweet as can bee!

Hello lovelies

As I write up this blog, it is a beautiful summers day here in Christchurch, New Zealand - and lovely clear, blue skies. Summer photos are just perfect for the Vintage Artistry Countryside collection. I have created another layout with this vibrant and happy range.


I have used the reverse side of the paper called "Homestead" from the 12 x 12 collection pack as the base of my layout. The photo (credit to Pinterest) was then matted onto ephemera pieces (these pieces were first distressed around the edges). This was then adhered to the page with foam tape down the centre first so that I was able to tuck flowers and other embellishments under the matting as I built up my flower cluster. This also allows me to add rub-ons later as I can still lift the edges to add these.
I used the long fence piece in the laser cut sheet, and cut a third of this fence off. The longer piece was then adhered to the photo and matting using foam tape. I then started my flower cluster. I have used laser cut pieces, ephemera pieces chipboard pieces, Sunbeam ticket essentials, and the Sunshine Royal Spray paper flowers to create my flower cluster. The shorter piece of fence was added slightly lower down and off to the left and I layered some a rooster and some chickens with some flowers here. At the end of the fence I added the basket - I cut a slit in the top and added the flower laser cut though the slit, which makes it look like the flowers are actually in the basket. This was also adhered to the fence with foam tape. I then added more paper flowers behind the basket. The leaves are fussy cut from the bonus sheet that is included in the 12 x 12 collection pack.
To the right of the photo I have added the larger bicycle and the sign post from the laser cut sheet, as well as adding some strips of fabric washi tape (I have used the one with the bees printed on it - so cute!)
I have added the yellow hearts and all the little chipboard sayings from the chipboard pack. The arrangement on the bottom right corner was created using the cannisters, the watering can and the garden tools from the laser cut sheet. These have also been layered with foam tape so I could add the flowers and other laser cut pieces.
I then added the little bees, also from the laser cut sheet - and the title Sweet as can bee! is a rub-on off from the 6x8 rub-on packs (as are all the other rub-on bits on the page).

Happy crafting, until next time.

Hugs,
Michelle





No comments:

Post a Comment