Monday 1 April 2019

White ... with 1 Challenge - Pretty in Pink

Hello scrappy friends!

Gosh its April already, scary how fast time is going .... and of course, its a new challenge over at White with 1. And this month is the lovely PRETTY IN PINK ..... just as it says - so so pretty. 


I always think of the 80's movie with the same title when I hear of Pretty in Pink (I am giving my age away here!). And if this gorgeous colour doesn't inspire you, White with 1 also have a lovely mood board for extra ideas (the mood board is of course entirely optional for anyone wanting to enter this months challenge).
Here is the mood board:
I decided to take a little spin on the sketch, and turned it clockwise once, and used that as my base for my layout

I first started off by planning where I would place my photos, chipboard and flowers, then once I had decided, I then added texture paste with the reverse chicken wire stencil around the design. Once dried, I added a little watered down pink paint, and then when that was dry, I randomly stamped the page with archival black ink.  
I have used a Dusty Attic clock which I have cut to suit - using Creative Expressions gilding polish to add the pink to the clock. The background chippie is the Dusty Attic geometric panel. I have used a piece of this, which I have cut to fit and painted in white. 
I have used Mintay papers to fussy cut the flowers and the frames that my photos are placed on.
The title "delight" is also a Dusty Attic and coloured with Creative Expressions gilding polish .

I have layered the flowers and shaped these to create dimension, and I have also added some flower stems and lace between the flowers. The fairy is fussy cut from 49 and Market My Secret Garden range and also raised with foam tape to the height of the lettering.

These photos were taken back in 2007, one of the many times we travelled to the city for my daughter to take part in the ballet comps that were held annually. In these photos she danced a duet known as the Cat Dance. I always thought that tutu's were one of the nicest things a ballet dancer could wear - and in this dance she wore a beautiful white tutu.

Hope that I have inspired you to take part in this months challenge with the lovely PRETTY IN PINK

Thanks for popping over to have a look at my project.

--- M ---

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle, wow this is stunning, love the gorgeous design, and so overwhelmed with your classy pages...xx

    ReplyDelete