Monday 1 October 2018

White .. with 1 October 2018 reveal

Hello all!

And just like that ... it's October .... somewhere I think I missed a few months, gosh this year is just flying by. And of course a new month, means a brand new colour over at White ... with 1 :) - ELEPHANT GREY
This month Stick It Down is the sponsor and have asked that we, the Design Team, use their sketch:
And here is my take on the sketch:


I started with using texture paste and a script stencil, and stencilling in the cross shape. I then dabbed grey in over this using a rough sponge. Using white sewing cotton, I scrunched it up and stuck it down randomly over the grey ink. I used a die to cut the "bricks" under each of the photos. The arrows on the top and bottom of the photo are a 2 Crafty chippie, the arrows to the left of the photo are wooden pieces, as are the "dots, stars and imagine". All of these are coloured using Metallic Gilding Polish Graphite from Creative Expressions. 

Once these were all stuck in place, I then used some artstones and dabbed these randomly on the page among the chipboard and diecuts. I then mixed some water and the same grey ink that I used to do the background and dotted these over all the artstone. The ink then also ran into the white cotton, turning some of it grey and some left white.
I then dribbled some extra paint to let it run down as in the picture and the added some prills.
The photo is of a friend I knows grandson (she is such a lovely lady, so privileged to know her) .... who is practising his routine for a dance show. Isn't it a great photo? I thought it went so well with the back ground. I gacve her the layout when it was finished.

Come play along with us at White .. with 1. The team have also some great interpretations of the sketch to inspire you. Hope to see your insiration on the White ... with 1 blog.

Thanks for visiting :)


---- M ----
 

No comments:

Post a Comment