Wednesday 15 August 2018

Sketchabilities #152 - August


I have just had a fantastic weekend away with my scrapbooking friends organised by Embellish It here in New Zealand, at a scrap camp from all day Friday morning through to Sunday lunchtime. Just love weekends like that where you get to scrapbook all weekend and spend quality time with special friends too.

Over to Sketchabilities August reveal and it is sketch no 152. I thoroughly enjoyed making use of this sketch this month!


My take on the sketch - using the lovely Mintay Marina papers and 49 and Market flowers
.
Here I have used the gorgeous no 2 Marina page - I just love this weathered wood on this paper. I have used a brick wall stencil for the back ground and texture paste. Splattered some blue ink over this and then rubbed a little chalk colour over that. I have also done some random stamping before placing my papers and flowers.

I have cut out several sizes of different papers as matting behind the photo and used a corner punch on these, tucking bits of muslin under the matting,
The layout is finished off with these gorgeous 49 and Market flowers. I have also fussy cut some of the shells out and added these among the flowers clusters. The anchor was also fussy cut.



Pop on over to the Sketchabilities blog for details on how to play along - and check out the gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the team!
 

2 comments: