Sunday 26 March 2023

Every photo tells a story - Dusty Attic

Hi there,

I am sharing a canvas I created for the February moodboard

I drew inspiration off the circular macrons, and the edges of the lace under the coffee cup and thought that this reminded me of gears and I created this canvas
The canvas is covered with a prima tissue paper, then covered with matt gel. When this was dry I added crackle paste and when that was dry I used the the Distressed Grid Stencil DA1538 and used this in places with modelling paste.
All the chipboard was prepared with black gesso. 
I used a combination of gears - DA2734, DA2744, DA2859 and DA2864, as well as industrial clusters DA3374 and DA3377. I also used Industrial Globes DA2184, mini film strips DA2511, layered bolts DA2880 and the small distressed frame DA2872.

I first started layering the gears and bolts and built these up in the left bottom corner and top right corner, building these up to create clusters of gears.
Once this was all layered, and the frame was added, I started dabbing all the cogs with ARTalchemy waxes in browns and iron colours - using a round paint brush, until all the black gesso was covered. The title DA1783"every photo tells a story" was added last.

These are the products I have used:












Thanks for visiting the blog today. And why not take part in the March moodboard challenge and post your entry to the Facebook DustyFANattics page.

Till next time,
Michelle








No comments:

Post a Comment