Wednesday 1 August 2018

1 August 2018 - White ... with 1 Reveal

And just like that July is done ... welcome to a new month. A new month means a new challenge at White .. with 1. ... and it is the beautiful SUNNY YELLOW


Such a bright and vibrant colour.. We have a great sketch, which is entirely optional to you those who choose to do the challenge


Here is my take on the colour with the sketch
I decided to transpose the sketch and this was the result! I just loved how it turned out. I started off with gesso'ing the white cardstock. Then I used a stencil with texture paste. Once dry, I sprayed over the textured back ground with yellow ink and a little water to get it spread.

If you have a look at the above picture you can see the yellowed textured background. I used some of the collectables and paper from the Kaisercraft range "Shine Bright", and the "tape measure" is from  the Kaisercraft "documented" range. The photo is mounted on foam tape to add dimension.
The chipboard numbers are gesso'd. Once dried, I dabbed yellow ink lightly on these and then stamped over these with a script stamp in black ink. These are tucked in under the photo. The "love" title is added also with foam tape so that it lifts at the same height as the photo.The chipboard and flowers are from 49 and Market. Add some cheesecloth between the flowers. The same applies for the cluster at the top.

To finish off, I used a wet wipe and some yellow ink and dabbed around the photo. I then splattered undiluted yellow ink and added some yellow sequins.

I hope that this has inspired you to pop over to the White ... with 1 challenge blog and enter your page. There is some great pages that the design team have put together too.

Thanks for visiting!

---- M ----

No comments:

Post a Comment